Rules and Disclaimer
Macaw Talk is a friendly macaw forum brought to you by Birds n Ways.
It is open to all pet bird owners and breeders. Feel free to share your pet macaw stories, ask questions, exchange information, debate issues, and offer support and empathy to others in their time of need.
The goals of this forum are the advancement of aviculture*, the open exchange of ideas**, and the establishment of rapport with other macaw fanciers. We have experts with many years of experience, who are happy to assist you with any of your macaw related problems. To achieve these goals, the following set of rules have been established:
- When you enter our forum, you are entering our home. Please treat others with courtesy, respect their feelings and follow our rules of behavior.
- Profanity is not permitted. Do not post or transmit any fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable or personally harmful information of any kind.
- No malicious attacks on persons or groups will be allowed. Keep your posts courteous. Please do not inhibit other users from using and enjoying Macaw Talk.
- If a post is made which is considered to be in poor taste, the post will be deleted.
- No advertising or spam is allowed on the board. This includes promoting companies, their products, birds or services or advertising for websites. No birds or products may be offered for sale on the board. However, members are free to exchange information about products, breeders and sources of information.
- For a trial period this new rule replaces our original rule on photos. After a period of time, we will use your comments and experiences to adjust and finalize this rule.
No more than two media links may be posted each day by a visitor. A media link is a photo, video, slideshow or photo album of your personal bird(s). We all love to see and enjoy your babies, but need to ensure that everyone has space to post and that posts from people needing help do not roll off the board too soon. Note in the subject or body of the message what type of media file is being linked to (video, slideshow, etc). Also as a courtesy to those with slower connections, please indicate the size of the video or slide show in the post.
No more than 2 photos may be posted each day by a visitor.
- If an individual continues to post questionable messages, he or she may be banned from the site. This will be left to the moderators judgement.
- If you see a posting which fits in one of the above catagories (a troll), immediately post a message for others NOT TO READ OR RESPOND TO the posting. After you have done this, please e-mail the board administrator Sandy Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org or one of the moderators in order for the situation to be corrected in a timely manner.
Our current moderators are:
- Cheryl T at email@example.com
- Caryn at Caryn.Richardson@diageo.com
- Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Len Z. at email@example.com
- Shane at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peggy at Sadieladie1994@aol.com
- Jyoti at email@example.com
- Julie at Donniefandjuliew@aol.com
- Doris at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melissa at email@example.com
- Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A lively debate is always welcome as long you debate the issue, and not attack the person posting.
- If you see a posting with erroneous information, please e-mail the individual to afford them the opportunity to correct their error. If no e-mail address is provided, then the choice is yours whether or not to post a correction or email the moderator.
- If you have comments or suggestions about the rules or the way the board is run, please email the administrator and/or moderators. Such comments are not bird related and DO NOT belong on the board.
The rules of the Birds n Ways boards have evolved over a period of many years and, while not perfect, have enabled our boards to help our birds and to survive many of the problems that have destroyed other boards. We are always open to suggestions to make the rules better, but we will consider all changes very carefully before enacting them.
- Do not post materials in violation of anyone else's copyright or intellectual property rights. Remember articles, pictures, webpages, emails, forum posts, books, music, programs, letters and other creative items are by law automatically copyrighted by the creator or their assigns and may not be copied without permission from the copyright owner.
NOTICE OF LIABILITY: All information presented herewith is provided on an "As Is" basis, without warranty or the implication thereof. Neither our server, Birds n Ways, the moderators, nor any other individuals posting information shall have any liability to any person or entity with respect to liability, loss, or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the instructions posted on this bulletin board or by the use of this board.
*We have no veterinary or medical training. However, we may be able to offer tips and suggestions which we have learned through experience.
**Please feel free to ask questions, even in an emergency situation. BUT IF YOUR BIRD IS ILL, CONSULT YOUR AVIAN VETERINARIAN IMMEDIATELY.
The opinions expressed on this chat are those of the individuals posting here and should not be interpreted as those of Birds n Ways.
If you experience any technical problems please Contact BirdsnWays. They will be very happy to help you.
I AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES - LET'S CHAT
I WON'T AGREE - RETURN TO
Birds n Ways Chats
Everything related to Macaw Talk , including but not limited to, its name, contents, webpages,
generated pages and graphics are the property of and copyrighted by Birds n Ways
Copyright © 2000-2010 Birds n Ways All rights reserved.